Location: Oldenzaal NL
Waste Treatment Technologies is a renowned and experienced supplier of high-tech waste treatment solutions. We partner with communities to design, build and service state-of-the-art organic waste treatment facilities. Our global experience brings advanced technology and engineering to our customers to convert municipal organic waste into new resources, reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
Since 2019 WTT has merged with formerly Renewi Canada into Convertus group. Together our history has been a story of opportunity and resiliency. Our strong partnership is dedicated to helping build a more sustainable future.
The position of Financial controller will oversee all aspects of the Finance function for WTT and will be located at our WTT office in Oldenzaal.
Overall purpose of the role
- We are looking for someone to lead the finance function of WTT, acting as a key resource for the CFO who is in London, Canada.
- This person will oversee all aspects of the finance function of WTT, including everything from compliance to financial reporting to ensuring day-to-day tasks are being completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Planning and control cycle for all entities (three domestic and five foreign) in accordance with deadlines and in line with internal procedures and processes. This cycle consists of financial reports, investment analysis, cost calculations, balance sheets, profit and loss accounts, budgets, risk management, annual accounts and budget.
- Monitor and, if necessary, adjust (future) income and expenditure as well as the bank (guarantee) lines / cash flow, so that the financial position and the continuity of the company are not jeopardized. Cash risk management (NDM and overall leverage)
- Assist preparation of cost books for large capital projects, ensuring project team is kept up to date with current spending and expected margins on each project
- Completion of month end close process, including managing all aspects of general ledger, consolidating subsidiary results and preparing financial reporting package with KPI’s and variance analysis for CFO to include in consolidated Group results.
- Quarterly financial reporting as required by external lenders, Rabobank
- Internal reporting as required to support WTT management team with day-to-day decision making
- Preparing annual budgets and forecast updates for WTT
- Liaise with external accounting firms to complete annual audit requirements and completion of annual tax returns, including any required tax planning activities (including foreign entities)
- Analyse financial information to identify risks and opportunities to improve operational results, including preparation of KPI reports / dashboards to measure plant performance
- Manage AR/AP clerks, including any accounting staff at remote sites
- Support weekly payment runs and file / pay monthly government remittances
- Monitor AR / AP aging to maintain efficient working capital and ensuring cash needs are within the available balance of our revolving credit facility
- Review and approve monthly payroll process
- Provide ad hoc reporting / support to CFO / management team as required
Required Skills & Abilities
- Strong technical background with ability to consistently deliver accurate and timely financial results within required deadlines
- Experience with project administration.
- Experience with Australian, Chinese, Canadian, German and Spanish entities is a pre.
- Proven leader with the ability to manage change and motivate team members during a business transformation
- Dynamic self-starter who can manage a wide range of tasks and deadlines with minimal direct oversight
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills including written and verbal skills; ability to work in cross-functional teams
- Fluent in both English and Dutch. German and Spanish are a pre.
- High energy and positivity
- Data integrity
- Proficient use of the following software programs.
- AFAS and EXACT (including Synergy)
- Microsoft Office – highly proficient in Excel & PowerPoint
- Microsoft Power BI (an asset, not a requirement)
- University Degree in Business or similar discipline
- Minimum 5 years of public accounting or corporate finance experience
- Knowledge of (inter)national financial laws, as “Wet op Financieel Toezicht” and (inter)national tax/vat laws
What we offer
The qualified individual will have the opportunity to be a key member of a dynamic leadership team within WTT and will have exposure to the executive management team of the Group, including working closely with the CFO.
Compensation to commensurate with experience.
Some travel to Canada and other international locations may be required or encouraged.
Interested in this vacancy?
More information about WTT and the Convertusgroup can be found on our website www.wtt.nl.
For more information about this position, please contact Jeroen van der Mark at 06 215 713 29.
If you want to apply immediately, we would like to receive your motivation letter and resume: email@example.com
An assessment can be part of the application procedure.
Thank you so much for your consideration of our organization – we look forward to meeting you soon!
Acquisition is not appreciated
Learn more about our
technologies & references