WTT is looking for an Assistant Controller to expand the team. The Assistant controller is responsible for supporting the Financial Controller in WTT’s office in Oldenzaal, Netherlands with ad hoc support for WTT’s senior leadership team. This position is eligible to work from home with periodic office days as agreed with Financial Controller.
Who are you and what are your key responsibilities?
- Prepare detailed project working papers, recording project milestone revenues and COGS.
- Prepare weekly cashflow monitoring report (Net Debt Monitoring Report), working with Controller and Project team to maintain positive cash flow projections.
- Assist the Financial Controller in month end duties, including financial statement preparation, P&L analysis, balance sheet reconciliations, preparation of supporting schedules, etc.
- Work with Power BI to prepare detailed monthly reporting package to Canadian CFO, including variance analysis against budget and prior year.
- Oversee budgeting process and and quarterly forecast updates.
- Work with WTT Financial Controller (Oldenzaal, NL) & Convertus Group CFO (London, Canada) to develop, maintain and execute financial controls.
- Work with WTT Financial Controller & Convertus Group CFO to develop, maintain and execute financial reporting tools and KPI to provide information to internal team to aid in business decisions.
- Analyse financial information to identify risks and opportunities to improve operational results.
- Provide ad hoc reporting & information to cross functional teams.
- Other duties & special projects as assigned.
- You will report to the Financial Controller.
Who are we?
We aim to deliver the smartest technology for waste treatment in order to make our customers successful in transforming waste into recyclables and high-quality raw materials or energy.
We believe that our waste treatment solutions can make a substantial contribution to the conservation of our worldwide environment.
WTT has several entities located in Western-Europe, North America and China to realize our projects with 55 employees. Quality, flexibility and independence are values that are very important within WTT.
Since 2019 WTT has merged with formerly Renewi Canada into Convertus group. Together our history has been a story of opportunity and resiliency. Our strong partnership is dedicated to helping build a more sustainable future.
What do we ask of you?
- 3 – 5 years of public accounting or corporate controllership experience.
- Confidence and ability to replace the Financial Controller during holidays etc.
- Post-Secondary Business Education.
- Registered Controller (RC) or in process of completing designation.
- Experience and affection with IT. Specific programs used by WTT:
- Exact Business Software (An asset, not a requirement – software is very user friendly, and training will be provided)
- AFAS (An asset, not a requirement)
- Microsoft Power BI (An asset, not a requirement)
- Microsoft Office – highly proficient in Excel & PowerPoint
- Self-starter, ability to meet deadlines, and champion change and ambiguity.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills: ability to work in cross-functional teams.
- High energy and positivity.
- Great people skills and diplomacy.
- Demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness in completing tasks, and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and communication skills in both Dutch and English.
What do we offer?
We offer you an independent and diverse job with a market-based salary in an informal atmosphere. You will work in a team with enthusiastic and driven colleagues.
Interested in this vacancy?
More information about WTT and the Convertus Group can be found at http://www.wtt.nl
For more information about this position, please contact Jill Luschen by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acquisition is not appreciated.